Tutorial - MacAddict Forum Reader on RevJournal Website - Webpage Won't Open

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:35:05 EDT 2008

> Thanks so much for your help with this and your tutorial, Sarah!
>
> Meanwhile, didn't realize that tutorial is only written for MacAddict forum.
> I was trying to use another forum's web address that I visit often.
>
> So, would be great as long as you're updating tutorial to add some comments
> regarding getting this to work with other forums if that's not too much
> trouble.

Here is my basic method:
- in your browser, load the page listing the forum categories and forum names.
- look at the source for this page and work out a method of
identifying the category & forum names, most likely a class name or
id.
- use my script for loading the page into memory, but edit the
processWebPage script to use the identifiers you found, the same way
my script for the MacAddict page used "cattitle" and "forumlink"

I can't really give specific instructions because each web page is
structured differently. You just have to look at the raw source and
script accordingly.

HTH,
Sarah