Tutorial - MacAddict Forum Reader on RevJournal Website - Webpage Won't Open

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 30 12:38:02 EDT 2008

Mark Srebnik wrote:

> Found Sarah's tutorial - "MacAddict Forum Reader" on RevJournal website.
>
> Tried tutorial, but so far not getting web page to open...
>
> on mouseUp
>   show image "Busy"
>   put field "Address" into tAddress
>   load URL tAddress with message processWebPage
> end mouseUp
>

> I notice that it uses command "load URL", while in RunRev's beginning
> tutorial video, they use 'revGoURL'... although checked Dictionary and it
> says 'revGoURL' is now deprecated..  ;-)
>
> Have tried both but neither are opening up a browser window after clicking
> the "Load" button...
>
> I did get browser window to open when trying Rev's beginning tutorial using
> ŒrevGoURL¹....
>
> So can't figure out what's wrong...any suggestions???

You can make a "stub" handler to route revGoURL to the new "launch URL"
command - just add this to the stack script:

on revGoUrl pUrl
   launch url pUrl
end revGoURL

I'm surprised Rev hasn't maintained compatibility for their handler, but
Sarah, if you have time to update that tutorial stack just send it to me
at your convenience and I'll replace the one at revJournal.com.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal