conference videos

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Sep 30 06:19:52 EDT 2008

On 30/9/08 09:06, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got burned by this a couple of years ago.  I bought the videos to (I
> think) the Monterey conference.  After 5 months of delay and repeated
> complaints to runrev (some of which never got a reply), the videos did
> finally arrive.  They kindly re-imbursed me for the delay, but I decided
> after that I would not buy anything except software from them in future (I
> seem to remember similar problems years ago with printed documentation
> orders).

We did indeed have some problems years ago, for which we reimbursed the
customers affected at the time. However generally our shipping operation has
been running smoothly since then.

The cause of the exception with this particular conference DVD was rather
more complex: when we got deep into editing all the video capture data it
became clear that some of the sessions had not been supplied to us by the
all the presenters who were screen capturing them. Some of the sessions we
had did not play back properly either due to a couple of different data
corruption issues. Its been a long process and we've had to work both on the
technical side and with the presenters to put all that right. Everyone has
been really helpful and we now have pretty much a complete DVD which truly
will be shipping any day now. I do apologize for the obvious inconvenience
in this delay. I asked those affected to write to support because we have
been keeping individual customers in the loop and did offer a coupon to
those affected.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools