question about find and replace

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Sep 30 04:03:25 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,

Here's a possibility. Perhaps someone can come up with a shorter
version.

constant dot = "."

function formatDottedNumbers
   set the numberformat to "000"
   set the itemDel to dot
   repeat for each line myLine in myData
     put dot & item 2 of myLine * 1 & dot & cr after myNewData
   end repeat
   return char 1 to -2 of myNewData
end formatDottedNumbers

I believe regex is great to find data, but you can't use it to find
and edit all instances of a search pattern, if all new values have to
be different.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille