Windows System Requirements

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Sep 29 16:59:22 EDT 2008

> How old a Windows OS will run RunRev stacks with Stack Runner? 95, 98,
> 2000, XP (of course), but earlier?
> I'm trying to assemble system Requirements for a completed project.

It depends on the version of StackRunner you're using - take a look at the
bottom of the web page to tell you what version of the Rev engine it was
built in, and then you can check RunRev's site for requirements.

For example, the latest StackRunner was built with the Rev 2.9.1 engine
which has the same system requirements as 3.0 - only back to Win95, and I
know there are a handful of "gotchas" with Win95 support that are in the bug
database. I'd suggest saying you support back to Win 98 or Win2K - that's
8-10 years ago, which should (hopefully) be sufficient for your purposes.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/