Reloading a changed stack file

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Sep 28 17:41:58 EDT 2008

I'd say the Application Browser is the last place to look at for
verifying the existence of running stacks in rev. But you are right
about the need for a current stack to revert, but if it's the current
stack then it's always in memory. To change the current stack, you can
use the defaultStack property.

On 28 Sep 2008, at 22:57, Len Morgan wrote:

>> Try the revert command, it's perfect for this, assuming you do
>> replace   the stacks on the hard disk, and are not creating new
>> files.
>>
>> On 28 Sep 2008, at 14:31, Len Morgan wrote:

> Also, the documentation on the revert command says that it only
> applies to the "current stack."  Since these stacks are not showing
> up in the application browser, if I later issue a "start using stack
> xyz" will it use the copy that is "hidden" in RAM, or will it reload
> a fresh copy from the hard disk?

official ChatRev page:
http://bjoernke.com/runrev/chatrev.php

Chat with other RunRev developers: