the visible of a stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 26 12:17:02 EDT 2008

Mikey wrote:
> Umm, what standard library?

It's one of the initiatives of the Rev Interoperability Project (RIP).

Back at the second-ever RevCon, held at a nice B&B in Monterrey, the
attendees were discussing common handlers and found many of us had
worked out the same solutions for ourselves for the same common tasks.

To minimize such duplication of effort for the future, Andre proposed
that we might create a sort of StdLib for Rev as there is for C, a
common library free for anyone to use which would hopefully save us all
a little more time by providing some the more common handlers we use day
to day.

Some time passed before it transformed from an idea into a library, but
  this last winter Ken Ray and I were talking about our own respective
libraries and found a lot of overlap.  A lot.  So we committed to
collating some of those into a StdLib.rev, which premiered at the '08
RevCon in Vegas.

We've posted it for review, comment, and additions, and it's been
growing a bit since.

You can download it in the Files section of the RIP group:

  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal