another weird table field behavior

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Sep 25 16:38:52 EDT 2008

Bonsoir Mickey,

First question:
Why do you want to script a feature that exists yet without any
scripting?
Generally, you only choose to script a different behavior than usual
one:
For instance to make arrow keys to act in carousel:

on arrowKey pKey
   switch pKey
   case "up"
     if the hilitedLine of field "ResultList" = 1 then set the
hilitedLine of field "ResultList" to the number of lines of field
"ResultList"
     else set the hilitedLine of field "ResultList" to the
hilitedLine of field "resultList" - 1
     break
   case "down"
     if the hilitedLine of field "ResultList" = the number of lines
of field "ResultList" then set the hilitedLine of field "ResultList"
to 1
     else set the hilitedLine of field "ResultList" to the
hilitedLine of field "resultList" + 1
   end switch
end arrowKey

Second question:
I have no idea :-(

Le 25 sept. 08 ˆ 21:15, Jim McNeely a Žcrit :

> First, I figured out something for my initial question on this; I
> put this into the script for the edit field:
>
> on arrowKey theKey
>    if theKey is "up" and the hilitedLine of field resultList ­ 1 then
>       set the hilitedLine of field resultList to the hilitedLine of
> field resultList - 1
>    else if theKey is "down" and the number of lines in field
> resultList ­ the hilitedLine of field resultList then
>       set the hilitedLine of field resultList to the hilitedLine of
> field resultList + 1
>    end if
> end arrowKey
>
> It seems to work; if anyone has better ideas then super.
>
> Now, I have a returnKey script for the same field, and it won't
> respond. It looks like this:
>
> on mouseup
>    select_patient
> end mouseup
>
> on returnKey
>    select_patient
> end returnKey
>
> It works for mouseup, but not for returnKey.
>
> Any ideas?

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.