Re-3: using an ActiveX (twiz32.ocx) from runrev by vbs

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 25 11:55:11 EDT 2008

> Question: How to "translate" this in vbs code which I can send to the wsh
> using do in runrev?

Sounds like you're trying to implement an OCX, which when I looked it up on
the web was from back in 1999 when VB4 was around. OCXes are controls that
are placed on a form in VB (like the 3-D buttons, grid controls, etc.). I
don't know if you can use those from just plain VBScript files.

One thing you *can* do, is to use VB6 to create a DLL that has the Twain
Wizard OCX attached, and then call it from a VBScript file (which would mean
that it could also be called from Rev's "do script..." command).

Check out this page on how to use non-Rev DLLs with Rev:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/ext002.htm

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com