Absolute File Paths - Bug or bad Docs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 25 11:51:08 EDT 2008

Devin Asay wrote:
> It's not surprising that the examples in the docs are correct if you
> are working in the Mac Classic environment, since, to my knowledge,
> RunRev (or at least Jeanne DeVoto, who wrote the first version of the
> docs) was working primarily in the Mac OS classic environment at the
> time the docs were first written.
>
> I'll admit, this threw me for a loop when I first switched over to OS
> X.

Me too.  It's a good thing Apple has such a loyal following, given their
  disregard for backward compatibility.

As for Rev, it seems that entry could use an updated example, ditching
the Classic example in favor of one for the only currently-supported Mac
OS, and update the description as well.

Has anyone here submitted that request to the RQQC?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal