Absolute File Paths - Bug or bad Docs

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Sep 24 19:25:09 EDT 2008

I was not aware that you included a "/" before the hard drive. /
Applications means root of the System drive/Applications folder. I
thought that if you wanted to refer to an absolute path in unix you
would use /volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications. This is of course for
the Mac OS. Perhaps other Unix variants use something else for the
mount points besides volumes, but the idea is the same.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM