the visible of a stack

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Sep 24 16:05:17 EDT 2008

Recently, Mikey wrote:

> If a stack "x" is not visible on the screen, and I type
> put the visible of stack "x" I get true, even though the stack is
> obviously not visible.

I don't know if your stack is "obviously" not visible.  A substack can be
visible and not apparent on the screen because it's present in memory but
not open.  Unless this is your situation, I don't know what else to tell
you.  The visible property has been reliable for me.

> I originally wanted to get the visible of the stack, navigate to the
> stack to do something, then set the visible of the stack when I was
> done to the value before I showed up so that the user wouldn't have
> the stack do something odd when I was done.

I don't know the extent of your project here but you may need to define the
state of your stacks beyond just visibility, using custom properties or
similar.

> If the stack is invisible and I go to it, the stack becomes visible,
> which is a problem if it was invisible to begin with.

You can always use "go inv stack xyz" to open stack invisibly.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design