As programming environments get more powerful programers get lazy

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 24 01:47:00 EDT 2008

On 9/23/08 8:38 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,
Hi William,

> william humphrey wrote:
>> Database specific libraries like Trevor's but simpler for
>> common database functions. They should also be for the different
>> databases that RunRev supports especially Valentina which is the
>> fastest and most powerful one but also the one with no third
>> party support materials (for SQLite there are even books available).
>
> What do you find lacking in Rev's library and Valentina's native API?

I think William talk not about lacks in Valentina Native API,
But about need support Valentina as much as possible from Trevor's library.

In the same time I want underline, that developer may prefer to use library
like Trevor's library, which is a wrapper around few dbs to generalize
access to them, first of all if he want that his code is able work with few
engines. If you not care about this you may go with Native API of this or
that engine.

P.S. I am glad to see that William is so pleased with Valentina :-)

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology