As programming environments get more powerful programers get lazy

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Sep 23 18:43:39 EDT 2008

> william humphrey wrote:
> > Nothing lacking in Valentina's API it is incredible. It is
> the lack of
> > completed solutions for common tasks. So it's not libraries
> but more
> > example code like you find for PHP or other more popular
> environments.
> > The example code saves you from re-writing stuff someone much more
> > skilled has already done.
>
> Good to know.
>
> Lynn, sounds like an opportunity to boost Valentina's
> mindshare with a nifty example stack or two....

Absolutely. There are lots of examples, but they are more illustrative
rather than functional stuff you can turn around. It has been a real debate
how to approach examples, because we have followed the example path of
trying to demonstrate API X use across all environments we support, rather
than digging into what's best for each specific platform (and that varies
widely between PHP and Rev, just as an example).

We've been concentrating on the big technology additions, but Im hoping to
get more examples done once we get V4, VS Pro beta and Valentina Reports out
the door (real soon now).

We really appreciate William's feedback - its allowed us to really polish
Valentina for Revolution.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President