Stopping A Stack From Starting Up in the IDE

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Sep 23 08:01:41 EDT 2008

Len Morgan wrote:
> I'm trying to debug a stack and I'd like to stop not have it come up
> running when I open it from the IDE.  Other than setting a breakpoint in
> the preOpenStack script, is there a way to keep it from executing code
> when it's loaded?

Another approach is to have your preOpenStack handler test "the environment";
if it = "development", don't do the stuff you were otherwise going to.
Recommendation in this case is to move the code out into a separate handler,
that preOpenStack invokes or not.  Then it's easy to invoke that startup code
manually when you want to.

- Ben