User Guide definitions combine to produce a splitting headache

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue Sep 23 00:56:51 EDT 2008

Whereas I thought that splitting was breaking up the array into
separate items; and combine was building the array from a bunch of
items.

Tomato, Tomahto, etc.  One of the reasons that I hate the English
language - maybe all of them - is our propensity to use the same word
differently based on the its context, so that you don't know what the
word means until you've read the whole sentence.

Too much to know about too many things, and so little time to do it all.

My best as always,

Joe Wilkins