Quit Application Menu item problem

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Mon Sep 22 13:11:30 EDT 2008

Thanks, Stephen.

Dictionary describes it, but not found in the User Guide when search
for "Shutdown" is done, or even "Quit" where it tells you something,
but doesn't explain the "shutdownRequest" concept which is needed by
most I would think.

Joe Wilkins

On Sep 22, 2008, at 9:53 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> Once again, the docs are your friend:
>
> on shutdownRequest -- confirm with the user:
>  answer question "Are you sure you want to quit?" with "Yes" or "No"
>  if it is "Yes" then pass shutdownRequest -- allow to quit
> end shutdownRequest
>

> Handle the shutdownRequest message if you want to prevent the user
> from quitting the application.

See   <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
Joe Lewis Wilkins
pepetoo at cox.net