Rev 3.0.0 Bulid Standalone fails

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 21 14:22:34 EDT 2008

Camm29 wrote:
> Cannot delete the "answer dialog" and "ask dialog" stacks that appears from
> no where ?

Ok, try this instead in the message box:

   put there is a stack "answer dialog" of stack "myStack"

If it returns false, then there is a significant bug somewhere and you
should run to the database and submit it. If it returns "true" then do this:

   delete stack "answer dialog" of stack "myStack"

Repeat for the "ask dialog" and delete it if necessary. Save your
mainstack. Quit Rev. Re-launch and open your mainstack, see if they are
still there.

If they are, go back to the bug database and tell RR.

> The message on failure appears as
>
> A stack "answer dialog" is already in memory.Revolution UI does not
> distinguish stacks with identical names.

That is the same message I got too, but when I clicked "OK" the
standalone builder continued without error. I usually turn off "search
for inclusions" in the standalone settings, and I set the inclusions
myself. I wonder if that would help you finish the build?

In my case, no "answer dialog" stack was moved to my working mainstack.
It almost sounds like the SB is getting confused about the target stack
when building your app.

> My stack builds okay on 2.9.0 ???
>
> HELP as I need Rev 3.0.0

Please do enter a bug report about this. It shouldn't happen. Include a
copy of your mainstack too. The team may enter some suggestions for
work-arounds when responding to your report, sometimes they do that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com