Restraining the pencil in Rev

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Sep 21 11:42:24 EDT 2008

Hi Joe,

I would start with a template stack. When your standalone starts up,
it should immediately clone the template and give it a name. For
example "Untitled 1".

When the user quits or chooses the Save menu item from the File menu,
you can show the prompt, asking whether to save or not, and show the
save file dialog window. If the user chooses to save, you can
optionally change the name and subsequently save the already cloned
stack to the preferred location.

Your script doesn't save the stack, because the cloned stack has no
file path. You need to give the save command a file path. Something like

   case "Save As..." -- save copy of stack
     ask file "Save file as..."
     if it is not empty then
       put it into myFile
       save this stack as myFile
     end if
   break

This doesn't work well with substacks but works fine if you clone the
stack first.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille