repeat structure

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sun Sep 21 10:53:36 EDT 2008

Bonjour Barry,

If I understand the problem (not sure), you want to deal with all
images that are more or less inside a group boundaries:

repeat with i = 1 to the number of images
   if intersect(image i,group <My Group>) then select image i
end repeat

BTW, and letting apart your syntax error when using rightBottom,
repeat for each form needs something like 'repeat for each <chunk>
<var> in <list>
You can't use it as you do it below.
Hope this helps.

Le 21 sept. 08 à 16:31, barryb@@libero..it a écrit :

> I am trying to make a repeat structure that deals with an unknown
> number of images located along a given line.
> The line is the diagonal of a currently selected group.
> How can I define that line and does it have to be actually be drawn
> before referring to it?
>
> My attempts so far include:
> -----
> the rect of the selectedObject --the group
> put the points topLeft and rightBottom of it into tSightLine
>
> repeat for each image within tSightLine
> select it
>    the rest of my rubbish ........
> ------
> Of course, the second line throws an error (unquoted literal) but I
> cannot find where to put the quotes it is asking for.
>
> For some reason the script Editor does not colour rightBottom red
> unless the words are separated but then the error is Expression:
> bad factor - so I am leaving it black.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.