RESTRAINING THE PENCIL IN REV

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Sun Sep 21 01:51:37 EDT 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:

> Thanks Mark, but the line tool is an object so won't work to define
> paintable areas the way the pencil and brush do. I'm trying to import
> or paste painted lines from Appleworks or some other app that does
> constrain pencil drawing onto a Rev card. I did it with drawings from
> McDraft that were originally resedit resources, but haven't had much
> success with this - yet! (smile)

Actually, Joe, there is a line tool on the paint tools palette. It may
not be obvious because it shares a button with the freehand line (AKA
"curve") tool. Just click down and hold on that tool and an option
menu should pop up letting you choose between the line and freehand
line tools. Hold down the shift key while drawing to constrain it, as
Mark mentioned.

HTH,

Devin