show stopper with 3.0

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 23:52:35 EDT 2008

Help! Anyone,

I've been working all week with 3.0 to finalize an app that I started
under 2.8. No problems most of the time. THEN...

I created a standalone OSX version. First time through it worked fine.
Then I started cleaning up a few minor items. Not sure exactly when it
happened the first time, but finally the standalone went all the way
through to the point where it said it was successfully created, but on
opening the standalone none of the images were there, and the app was
only 9 MB instead of the 17 or so that it had been when everything was
there.

While it was being created the routine, in so far as what appeared on
the screen, varied. Upshot is that I cannot create a viable standalone
at this time. Is there some kind of file that I need to trash, or
should I just do a new 3.0 install? I'm in the stretch run and need to
do something. I suppose I could go back to 2.9 and, in fact, that is
what I'm going to do right now. Keep your collective  fingers crossed.
(smile)

TIA,

Joe Wilkins
See   <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>