rev cgi - put url & read from

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 05:17:00 EDT 2008

On 20 Sep 2008, at 05:32, Jim Sims wrote:

> I have a rev stack used as cgi and where put url worked on my Leopard
> webserver it doesn't on jaguarpc. So, I changed to open file - read
> from - close file.

I'm surprised by this. (Not doubting you. :-)) But I've never come
across a case of open-read-close working where get/put url didn't.
What kind of error do you see in the result? Are the file paths
identical in both cases?

On the other hand, I don't think there is any noticeable speed
difference in both approaches.

Mark Schonewille wrote:

> I never checked it, but I presume that libUrl uses the same read/
> write/close file commands to deal with local files, while it uses
> socket communication for non-local files.

Mark, libUrl only handles url commands for internet urls (http, ftp).
The engine handles the file protocol urls directly. (Or did I
misunderstand you?)

Cheers
Dave