Urgent! Standalone Problem!!!

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:01:06 EDT 2008

> I need to get the name of the Standalone Application when I'm running in IDE
> mode. I have a standaloneSaved handler that sets vital information for the
> Standalone after is has been saved, The main problem is that the
>  standaloneSaved handler is passed the name of the Standalone folder in
> which the new folder for the applications (Mac and Windows) have been saved,
> e.g.
>
> <path>/StandAloneFolder/
>
> Whereas what would be really useful would be the folder that is created to
> store the Standalone Application, e.g.
>
> <path>/StandAloneFolder/AppName/
>
> Which contains:
>
> MacOSX
> Windows
>
> I either the folder name or I need to be able to get the Standalone Settings
> for the Application where the name of the Application is stored.

Here is what I use in a standaloneSaved handler (Mac only, but you can
easily adapt it to Windows as well):

on standaloneSaved pFolder
-- get the full name of the standalone folder
  put the cRevStandaloneSettings["name"] of stack tStackName into tName
  put pFolder & tName & "/" into tAppFolder

  -- if building multiple standalones, there will be a Mac OS X
folder, otherwise, just .app
  if there is a folder (tAppFolder & "MacOSX") then
    put "MacOSX/" after tAppFolder
  end if

  -- get out if can't find the new app
  if there is not a folder (tAppFolder & tName & ".app") then exit
standaloneSaved

end standaloneSaved