OS9 standalone builds

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 18 17:45:40 EDT 2008

François Chaplais wrote:
> I just created a blank stack in Rev 3.0.0 gm-3 and created a Classic
> standalone; the process went fine. I move it from my MacBook Pro to
> my G4 Cube with a USB key. The app didn't lauch under Classic (within
> 10.3.9). When rebooted under MacOS 9.2.2, it reported an error -199
> before aborting upon launch.
>
> Should this be considered a bug?

As I noted in my last post on this, the file format changed with v2.7,
so any stacks used with the v2.6.1 engine must first be saved in the
older format.

The engine has a built-in property to govern this: the stackFileVersion.
  Just set that to "2.4" (the version of the file format used through
v2.6.x) and you should be fine.  I hope.  Let me know if not.

That said, as long as Rev ships with the v2.6.1 engine it should
continue to provide a preference for setting the file format.  I would
consider that omission to be a bug.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal