Search path for defaultMenuBar

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 18 13:40:39 EDT 2008

The defaultMenuBar is becoming increasingly important for a couple of my
apps as their complexity grows.  But the docs offer only this slender
tidbit about it:

   The defaultMenuBar is the short name of any group that is in
   a stack that is in memory.

Short name, eh?  That means no reference to the stack that contains it.

So if I have multiple stacks in which each has its own menuBar set to a
group using the same name as the others, how does the engine determine
which group is the defaultMenuBar?

Is it the group in topmost stack?
The one in the stack that was topmost at the time the defaultMenuBar was
last set?
Or something else?

--
  Richard Gaskin