user spaces on RunRev

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Sep 17 10:48:02 EDT 2008

Bonjour William,

Even if there is a button 'View' that displays the description the
author has given, Rev Online stack is not handy at all.
So you might be interested in my Rev Online Picker plugin:
Rev Online Picker works in a single window that displays all stacks
available from Rev Online by category, those uploaded since your last
check, all descriptions and allows to display them directly from the
web.
Safe and annulable download process.
Search tool by author, stack name or keyword and sorting.

You might be interested also in Rev Online Watcher that informs you
discreetly at Revolution startup when new stacks have been uploaded
to Rev Online.
If you have Rev Online Picker, Rev Online Watcher can open directly
Rev Online Picker "New Ones" tab.

Just go to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/

Le 17 sept. 08 à 16:26, william humphrey a écrit :

> Using the user spaces on RunRev is not a happy experience. I wish
> there was
> a way to comment on stacks that are there. Every time I try some
> stacks I
> always end up with one that is trying to access a database or
> something
> similar and has looped error messages that you can't get out of. I
> just had
> to force quit RunRev because of an application called "Address Book"
> something which had an error message which looped endlessly.
> Does everyone else find the user spaces useless?
>
> 1. because there is no way to comment on stacks that are there.
> 2. People who upload stacks can't have short descriptions of the
> stacks
> there.
> 3. Databases can't be included with the stacks.
> 4. There is no simple "star" system rating of the quality of what
> is there.
>
> The user space could be an incredible resource. It seems to me that
> there
> has been no change, no improvement, in the user spaces for a very
> long time.
> There aren't even enough categories. Everything is in "general".

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.