Export sequence of pictures as quicktime movie

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Sep 16 14:35:19 EDT 2008

Hi Lynn,

I don't know whether Snapper is the solution you should be looking
for, but I would like to explain a little.

Snapper's strength is that with a little bit of tweaking you can
create movies on slow computers. The easiest way to do this is by
slowing down all the movements on the screen and doubling the play-
rate in Snapper's preferences. This way, you can get a smoothly
playing movie, even on a 350Mhz iMac. If you double the play-rate,
however, you can't record sound at the same time.

A great way to speed up the snapshots is by reducing the size of the
area you are making snapshots of. I reduced recorded area to one of a
still reasonably large size and created a movie without any further
tweaking and other preparations. You can see the result at

<http://snapper.economy-x-talk.com/test/test.mov>

While the movie shows that a movie of reasonable quality is possible,
it also shows that the result is not prefect. If Revolution were able
to export snapshots at a much higher speed, Snapper would create
movies of a better quality. If you or someone else has any idea how I
could speed up the recording, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Since Snapper is actually a Revolution standalone making snapshots,
you'll still have the same problem if you decide to make your own
script to make the snapshots, although you have the advantage that you
can pause your script, make the snapshot, and continue the script.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com