stack script executes when opening substack

Jim McNeely jmcneely at nwrads.com
Tue Sep 16 12:45:50 EDT 2008

Another newbie question; I appreciate the patience and help.

I have this attached to the main stack:

on preOpenStack
    put revOpenDatabase("mysql", "localhost", "blechy", "account",
"pw") into MySQLID
    answer "MySQL connection ID: " & MySQLID
end preOpenStack

THEN, I have a button which is supposed to open a substack window
thusly:

on mouseup
    go to stack "PatientFind"
end mouseup

When it opens PatientFind, it executes the main stack's on
preOpenStack script, and then, if you close that window, it wants to
know if you want to save the changes to the whole file.

What's up with that? I've read all the documentation I can find about
stacks and substacks and cards and such, and none of it hints at this
behavior.

TIA,

Jim McNeely