Rev not Cocoa-enough??

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Sep 15 23:09:56 EDT 2008

Judy,

yes and no...

Rev applications can't access some stuff that Cocoa applications can.
For example, our field object is not the cocoa framework field object,
we can't have those nice toolbars either... We can't tap the full
cocoalicious things because we'd loose the cross platorm features. The
field object for example needs to behave the same in all platforms, so
in the end, it can't take advantage of all things cocoa frameworks
deliver.

Yes our applications are bundles and they do call OS and Cocoa
frameworks, but they are not as Native as an XCode + Interface builder
application is. If you want to answer that thread, you can point to
the write once, deploy anywhere nature of Revolution, but you can't
tell that you can have eveything a cocoa app can have because you
actually can't.

What the RunRev team delivers is the best of both worlds, it is as
cocoa as it can be while mantaining cross platorm and feature
completeness.

Cheers
andre