Rev 3.0 problems

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 14:39:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 01:09:18, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote

> Peter,
>
> You might want to try a nifty tool I've worked on to help make
> 3.0's script
> editor work better for me.
> altXray is a plugin for Rev 3.0. It works best with altPlugin Toolbar.
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginCover/About.htm

Thanks, Chipp. I actually downloaded it last week and have been
trying it out. It's very handy -- I just have to get used to waiting
to hold down my modifier keys until the mouse is actually over the
control I'm thinking of. I found I have been in the habit of pressing
command-option while moving the mouse to the control, and with
AltXray that gives me the script of whatever random field or
background image I happen to pass over....

I use your Archive plugin all the time -- being able to back up
easily has saved my ass a few times. I modified your script so that
the file names it uses look like:
PPdata.rev (08-08-29)01
PPdata.rev (08-09-04)01
PPdata.rev (08-09-11)01
PPdata.rev (08-09-14)01
PPdata.rev (08-09-14)02
  -- that way the files appear in the finder in chronological order.
What I do is archive whenever I make a modification (most of the time
I remember), then clean out the archive file every now and then by
moving the older archives to trash and keeping the most recent dozen
or so, then I move the oldest of that bunch to a folder called
"breadcrumbs" so I have a very long-term sampling of my versions over
time.

Thanks for both plugins, they're terrific.

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com