Rev 3.0 problems

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:25:22 EDT 2008

I do like 3.0 a lot, but there are two things that are annoying to
me. Has anyone else noticed these?

1) In the new script editor, right-clicking/control-clicking on a
function or handler hame is supposed to open a script editor panel
for that function/handler, whichever object's script it might be in.
This works for me about 20% of the time. I haven't pinned down a
pattern to it, if there is one. Most of the time I get the generic Go
to definition/Find in Docs/Set breakpoint/cut/copy/paste popup menu,
the way I would if I right-clicked on any random word in the script.

2) More annoyingly, it used to be in versions <= 2.9 that command-
option[alt]-clicking (in the IDE) on a button/locked field/graphic
while using the browse tool used to open the script editor for that
control. Now, it opens the script editor but also passes the mouseup
-- so trying to do this on a button opens the script but then
triggers the button action. This is especially problematic when I
then get a "cannot save script while executing" alert after editing
and trying to save the script. For now, I have to change to the edit
tool before command-option-clicking on a button to edit its script. I
tried to look into the Rev 3.0 frontscripts to find out where and how
the mouseup message is being passed but I can't find the place where
I could tweak the rev scripts to patch this. Anyone else see this
behavior? Whether yes or no to that question, any pointers on how I
can block the "pass mouseup" in the rev scripts?

BTW, Jacques, I have loved using your script editor shortcuts and I
patched your frontscript so it works for me in the new script editor.
Don't know if you want to release a 3.0 update of this for others...

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com