Play iTunes protected videos

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:24:40 EDT 2008

On 9/11/08, Richmond Mathewson <geradamas at yahoo.com> wrote:

Presumably Apple, in their "infinite wisdom", have protected their media
files just exactly so that everybody, including RR programmers and
end-users, cannot play them.

I'm not exactly sure but IMO I think Apple themselves would have been more
than happy not to go through the hassle of copy protection, I believe it was
all the Music and Movie companies that required this. As far as I'm aware,
the reason the 'rest of the world' was so unhappy with Apple at not openning
the iTunes Stores world wide when it had been available in the US for ages,
was because the Music and Movie companies 'demanded' copy protections in
place before it went off shore.

Umm, I'm wondering also, why in your long list of media that you aren't
allowed to backup, you didn't mention books. How many books have you copied
just in case they get damaged. Are you unhappy that you aren't allowed to go
out an photocopy the latest #1 best seller?