Checking to see if Valentina database is open RunRev

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 12 16:33:24 EDT 2008

On 9/12/08 10:58 PM, "william humphrey" <shoreagent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ruslan.  I just want to add the feature to my RunRev ap so that when
> it opens the database it checks to see if vStudio has it open and then locks
> it as you described.
>
> It is not a show stopper as I can just be careful. My system now is to use
> two copies of the database, one in each program. I only run into trouble
> when I need to make changes and then the nasty crash occurs.

Why you just not using Valentina Server for your development then?

* install vserver Office with demo license

* drop your db to its database folders

* connect to vserver from Vstudio
    first time you need do Register Database from Vstudio.
    so vserver will know db now.

* change 1-2 lines in your REV app to connect to vserver instead of local db
file

And be happy :)

--
Best regards,