Can you realise a transparent hover color for buttons?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Sep 10 08:21:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have some text buttons, where I would like to realise a hover effect
(mouseover) with a (50%) opaque/transparent color of the button (like the
menu items of MS Office products on Win). Up to now I can't see a solution
for this. As standard properties I can only set icons for hover (which would
only make sense with icon buttons, not with text buttons, no colors, nore
transparent colors. If I would make my hover effect myself with mouseenter,
I can't control the transparency of the button color, just solid colors.

Am I right that these are the two options for making a hover effect (icons
or solid colors), or is there a trick with a workaround to create a 50%
opacity hover effect? Probably is a set of icons anyway the solution of
choice.

Thanks for any hints

Tiemo