double mouseDown

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Sep 6 16:18:28 EDT 2008

Bonsoir John :-)

I don't know your code exactly: I have not uploaded you stack yet.
But I"m inclined to think it's a code architecture issue.
When you put some flushEvents into a var, it just means that these
events, if they occurred during handler execution, will be ignored
when the handler finishes.
Another way to mean it: queue will be emptied according to events you
have specified.

On another hand, you say you set the cursor to 'hand' to resize columns:
In both Win and Mac environments there are dedicated cursors you
might be interested in:
They are in cursor's library.

Le 6 sept. 08 à 20:33, -= JB =- a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> I tried get flushEvents("mouseDown) and put flushEvents("mouseDown
> into temp.
> These were put at the bottom of the script first and then at top
> and bottom but they
> did not prevent the message being sent.
>
> What was I supposed to do with temp after I put it in there
> anyway?  Maybe I did
> not enter it properly but the Dictionary didn't show any other
> examples.
>
> -=>JB<=-
>

> On Sep 6, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Bonsoir JB *,
>>
>> Have a look at flushEvents function.
>>
>> Le 6 sept. 08 à 19:57, -= JB =- a écrit :
>>
>>> Here is the problem.  When I double click the resizable column bar
>>> in my stack Dynamic Table field it collapses the column.  This was
>>> not supposed to happen.
>>>
>>> But if nobody can figure a way to prevent the double mouseDown
>>> from interfering with the first mouseDown it will probable be
>>> left as
>>> it is.
>>>
>>> In that case I guess I can always list it as a feature.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.