Image File Picker

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 6 01:02:53 EDT 2008

Jesse Sng wrote:

> Going back to my original question - none of this works when you use the
> "ask file command to get the user to specify a file.
>
> Does anybody have a stack or a solution where you can ask the user to
> specify a file and then be able to preview all the OS X graphics files
> that can be previewed from inside the file dialog window?

Rev just calls the operating system to display its standard file dialog.
If the OS doesn't support previews in that dialog, there isn't much you
can do. That's why it works automatically in Leopard (where this feature
was added) but not in Tiger. It works in Windows if the user sets the
view to "thumbnail", but of course the developer has no control over that.

I suppose one could write an external to do it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com