stsMLXEditor, Notepad, Vista, Rev 3

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 20:44:13 EDT 2008

I'm going to get an Acer One notebook running Linux, and since there is
obviously limited screen estate I hope to use an external editor placed on
one workspace with the IDE on another. From what I've read on the list, if
different parts of the IDE are placed on different workspaces, they will all
re-converge on one workspace -- that kind of makes sense to me as they are
all in fact windows of the same 'app'.  Anyway, assuming that is the case, I
am looking at using stsMLXEditor with another text editor open on another
workspace.

My problem is that in trying to just test how the latest version (from Ken's
site) of stsMLXEditor works on Vista with Notepad, the 'test' button opens
Notepad with the script in it, but when I save the script and exit Notepad,
and then re-open the script again, the changes are not there.  Am I
misunderstanding how it is supposed to work, or is something weird happening
in my situation? (Maybe something has changed with Rev 3).

Bernard