Text of an image

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 4 12:04:09 EDT 2008

Eric Chatonet wrote:
> Let's say you are creating thumbnails using large referenced images
> (this means that your image object is locked with a lesser size).
>     set the text of img 1 to url("binfile:" & <file path>) will
> display the image : OK.
> And you'll be able to display it its original size in an unlocked
> image using the 'same text'.
>
> If you add:
>    set the imageData of img 1 to the imageData of img 1
> This will fit the text of the image to its current locked size.
> Many bytes saved :-)

I've been experimenting with a similar technique here to make thumbnails
I can store in a stack, but have had mixed results:  sometimes the
imagedata in the new thumbnail image remains intact, other times it
appears empty.

The source for these images are files on disk, displayed in an image
object much smaller.  My goal is to get the imageData from the display
image and create a new image in another stack with that thumbnail - any
tips for doing that reliably?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal