Help with dragdata["private"] needed

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Sep 3 10:07:09 EDT 2008

Bonjour Klaus,

I think that you are a bit confused with D&D syntax ;-)

In the script of "d_target" you should have something like:

on dragEnter
    if the dragData["private"] = "A private string" then set the
dragAction to "Copy" -- or "Move"
    else set the dragAction to "None"
end dragEnter

on dragDrop
    put "Accepted"
end dragDrop

You set the dragAction on dragEnter and dragdrop will occur according
to the dragAction set: none or...
BTW put the dragData without specifying a key will always return the
dragdata["text"]

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.