Maximize a window

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 03:01:52 EDT 2008

What is the command to maximize a window? The maximize icon in Windows
doesn't behave the same as the green button on the Mac.

In Windows, the maximize button makes the window take over the entire
screen in a single application mode. The other button makes it a
resizable window. My application remembers the size of the window and
if the last monitor was larger than the current one the resizable
window is too big and i can't resize it.

On a Mac the Green button either makes the window fit the screen or
fit the content.

I think I want a "Zoom" button in Windows to make the resizable window
fit the screen. What command would that be?

Bill Vlahos