basic question about "go to stack" and scripts in that stack

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 1 13:50:50 EDT 2008

william humphrey wrote:
> This is a simple question.
> If you have two stacks (one is a substack of the other and both are side by
> side on my monitor) and you click on one stack manually with the mouse then
> the scripts in that stack all work perfectly but if you "go to that stack"
> with a script from the other stack the scripts do not work  even though
> visually it appears that the stack is active in front of you and selected.

Generally you don't have to do anything, the stack you go to becomes the
defaultstack. But in some cases that doesn't happen, and you need to set
it yourself: set the defaultstack to <firstStack>.

Another option is to simply put the function into the main stack script.
All substacks can use them from there.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com