basic question about "go to stack" and scripts in that stack

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 00:45:55 EDT 2008

This is a simple question.
If you have two stacks (one is a substack of the other and both are side by
side on my monitor) and you click on one stack manually with the mouse then
the scripts in that stack all work perfectly but if you "go to that stack"
with a script from the other stack the scripts do not work  even though
visually it appears that the stack is active in front of you and selected.

I realize I can "send name_of_function to the other stack but I don't
understand why "go to that stack" and then "name_of_function" (which is in
the script of that stack) doesn't work.

Is there some further command after "go to stack", like "activate the stack
so it works"?

Please forgive this basic question which comes from my trying to use RunRev
like a GUI environment without understanding the underpinnings.