CodeWeaver's Windows Virtualization for Free??

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 06:35:34 EDT 2008

The advantage of Wine is that you get all the updates as they come out.
Whereas with Crossover, each new version release, you have to buy another
copy.  Debian is a bit behind in the repositories on Wine right now, but it
will catch up. I bought 4.2 back when, and have recently tried 6.x, but
couldn't really see how it was better than Wine.  In fact, run from a
terminal, Wine gives you more informative error messages.  As a company,
support might be an issue.  But in the end, I think the Windows solution is
either a VM or, better, a cheap machine and KVM.

Peter