ANN: "iTunes Library Suite" Lazy River Software release

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 16:06:21 EDT 2008

Lazy River Software
My name is Thomas J McGrath III and I am the owner of Lazy River
Software and I am pleased to provide to you the Revolution programmer
this library "the iTunes Library Suite" (libITS) under the "MIT
license". See License under the Directions tab in the left window of
the documentation stack libITSDocs.

How to use this library

libITS is a library stack of cross platform commands and functions for
use in interacting with iTunes. It can be used to create simple or
complex music player applications as well as control the iTunes
application itself. On Macintosh computers the library uses
Applescript commands and on Windows it uses VBScript commands and the
iTunes COM Interface.

The stack (libITSDocs) is the Documentation stack for the library
stack (libITS). It contains explanations for each item and is also
more like a Lab where you can interact with the various commands and
functions. When this stack is first opened it starts using the actual
library stack "libITS" and contains links to a few sample player stacks.

The best way to learn how to use the iTunes Library Suite ("libITS")
is to launch iTunes with your favorite playlist selected and arrange
the iTunes window side by side with the libITSDocs stack. Then use the
"Commands and Functions" pane to the left of the window and select the
drop down arrow for the group of commands or functions that you are
interested in learning about.

This is a V1.0 release but has been tested on Macintosh OSX and
Windows XP and with Revolution 2.6 through 3.0. There are a lot of
commands and functions found in the iTunes Library Suite and one item
is still not functioning on Windows for retrieving the album image but
the OSX version will work.

Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html

The entire package can be downloaded directly here:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/libITSPackage.zip

Why am I releasing the iTunes Library Suite for FREE?
For two reasons really, the first is that this community has helped me
so much over the past few years that I wanted to give something back
and the second reason is that I built this library so that I could
develop another product that I plan to sell and so it seemed to me
that this would allow for some really good Karma if I gave this part
away for free.

I hope you will download and enjoy this library as I have put a few
hundred hours into it's development.

Thank you so very much for all you have given me,

Warm wishes,

Tom McGrath

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at comcast.net