OT: "take-up of netbooks has been staggering"

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Oct 23 16:16:20 EDT 2008

I still use my eee 701 quite a bit-- but converted it to WinXP awhile
ago. XP runs great on it, but the screen is small at 800 x 480. Using
some 3rd party drivers I can scale it to 1024 x 768, but it's a bit
hard to read. One of my favorite uses for my eee is to remote control
my Mac (always online) via LogMeIn for testing plugins and projects.
The screen scaling of LogMeIn is great and allows me to view my
MacBook at full resolution.

The new eee 901 and 1000 are both 1024 x 600 display. Sadly, the 1000
has the right shift-key so far out of place, it's impossible to touch
type w/out actually 'swapping' it with the up arrow key. But, I did
see where one could purchase the 1000H (120 Gb Hard drive, Atom
processor) for ~ $300 from Ebay using MS Live Search (just go to
www.live.com and enter in "eee 1000H"). That's a VERY GOOD price for a
WinXP netbook!