OT: "take-up of netbooks has been staggering"

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:43:53 EDT 2008

It was various issues with the engine and the IDE.  Problems with hanging
and crashing, memory leaking, the script editor being very slow, the
backdrop not working properly (window decorations disappearing until next
restart), virtual desktops not working, etc.
Maybe some of those issues are related to the plugins I was using.  On OS X
I've not used any plugins for about a week, and I've not had a single crash
(although I've had a couple of lockups that are known bugs).

I hope the other issues with Rev are addressed in the next six months to a
year.  I now have a netbook that's lying idle.

The resolution of the laptop was not a problem for me, as I used
revNavigator instead of tools like the application browser, and in place of
property inspectors.  However, as revNavigator might be the thing that was
causing the crashes, if I can't use that in future then maybe the resolution
would be a problem when working with the normal Rev IDE.

Bernard