Another DB question

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Oct 23 07:58:21 EDT 2008

Hi all,

although I did not receive a response to my first DB questions,
I dare to ask another question :-)

Is it possible to directly "search" in the data of a db cursor?
Or will on have to use a repeat loop through all the data in a cursor
to find the desired data? Know what I mean?

Background:
When the user adds/inserts or updates a record, the current cursor is
not
"up to date" anymore and one has to create a new one that reflects
these changes

And of course it is "good style" to display the SAME data to the user
after that action
and not the first record of the new cursor.

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de