Editing groups and mouse messages

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Oct 17 15:04:37 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,

Why edit the group? Can't you just get all layer numbers of all
groups, take the highest number and set the layer of the target group
to to that number? Subsequently, get all layer numbers of of the
controls in a group and set the layer number of the target control to
the highest number. This should help, in case editing a group indeed
messes up messages.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum/

Benefit from our inexpensive hosting services. See http://economy-x-talk.com/server.html
  for more info.

On 17 okt 2008, at 20:55, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I need to build a UI similar to the Finder or Windows Explorer, in
> which there are icons that can be moved around, and selecting one
> brings it in front of the others.  To drag you just click and drag
> of course, and the icon first come to the front then does the
> dragging action.
>
> These icons are in a scrolling group, the Chipp's thread here last
> month on relayering controls was very helpful.
>
> But I've run into a snag:  I move the object to the top of its group
> on mouseDown, and then set my vars needed to handle the dragging so
> they can be used later in mouseMove.  The mouseMove stuff works
> okay, but I never get a mouseUp or mouseRelease to empty my dragging
> flag. :\
>
> Here's my code - the "put the params" statements in the mouseUp and
> mouseRelease handlers don't fire:

<snip>