difference between function and command and sending parameters

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Oct 17 12:13:26 EDT 2008

Bonsoir William,

Le 17 oct. 08 à 18:00, william humphrey a écrit :

> Thanks Eric. It sure helps to get a simple explanation like that in
> addition
> to the docs. It seems like I can never understand any simple
> program concept
> and use it properly without lots of examples and simple explanations.
> But what if the function "CurrentUsers" is in a card in some other
> stack
> that you are using?
> then how do you say: quote return "William" is among the lines of
> CurrentUsers() of card "othercard" in stack "mystack" end quote?

No you can't write this :-(
If you may send or call commands placed anywhere, you must have a
function somewhere in the current message path.
It's the reason why libraries (put in use) are mostly collections of
functions.
Actually, when you'll master these basics, you'll deduce the right
architecture :-)
Have fun ;-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.